Thursday 19 April 2012

Spash of Paint

Thought we would have a bit of splashing around with paint, well a bit of dripping really!  Also, the butterflies are from a new technique in Tim Holtz nnew book so I thought we could give them a go too.  This is a place we visited last year when we went to Beverley in Yorkshire for the weekend.  I saw this place on the map so off we set for a visit - it is near Bridlington.  The gardens are really pretty and there are quite a very topiaries in the midde of flower beds.

First off you have to make your paint a bit runny and then drip it on from the top edge and let it run down the page.  I tried not to get too messy doing this.  Sorry about the colour of the brown butterfly, it really does look a bit more interesting than this - looks like a moth. 


The butterflies are stamped and die cut and are layered with a coat of rock candy crackle paint which is left to dry,  then distress stains are used to colour them
Finally I did some stamping with distressed stains and I was really pleased with how that turned out.  Finished off with a bit of stencilling.  Hope you like it and I will see you all next week.  You will note that I have posted really early, this is because I'm buzzing off for a long weekend and hope it doesn't rain too much.  See you all soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment