Saturday 2 December 2017

Gosh, so long since I posted

I didn't realise it had been so long, but I have been doing a few things. So Eva and I made these Christmas cards using her painted foot, she enjoyed that bit. We start off great but each time we do some she's adding bits (that's her creative genes lol). She started adding black dots and informed me they were snowflakes done in black because you wouldn't be able to see them if they were white. Next came a few hoof prints and the odd snowball and very ornate antlers. I love them
I have finally finished the school cardy which has taken about four months. It was a bit painful to knit but I have recently had a steroid injection into my hand so things are improving a bit.
I adapted the pattern from the bolero I made earlier in the year. It seems to have worked out okay just hope it fits now.
Gardening has taken a backwards step now and I've finally had to give up my allotment. Such a shame as I loved going up there, even in the winter when the robins always hopped around to see what I was up too. I'm going to concentrate a bit more on the back garden next year hopefully, although I have almost finished a strawberry bottle garden on the side of my shed. Don't know if it will be very productive though.
I have also made a couple of dresses for myself and one for Eva.
This one was for ninety years of the allotment anniversary. I found a 1927 pattern on the Internet and made it up from that. Loved how the skirt came out, but as a result of these photos I am now back at slimming world lol. I made Eva a skirt the same way, so easy, no seams. Just hemmed it on the machine and added a waistband and elastic, simples!
Finally this little cotton dress, tested me a bit with the borders around the neckline but got there eventually. My dream is to make myself a pink coat or jacket next year so watch this space to see if I have the courage!
Well I'll see you all again in a little while, I'll try not to leave it so long next time. Hope you are all having a crafty time x


No comments:

Post a Comment